- Consolidate the locations for unique SKUs in each Sale, Even-Exchange, or Inter-Store Transfer order that had been previously reserved by the enterprise system from multiple locations throughout the warehouse. The Speedy Back Order Fill Location Fix helps solve many not-in-location and open-carton issues before they occur.
- List discrepancies between the credit card batch files and the transactions that have not been populated into the enterprise system's database - considered to be "ghost" charges. The Speedy Credit Card Match Off allows correcting duplicate or missing charges before the customer calls to complain.
- Un-reserve merchandise for non-dropped SKUs only. The Speedy Non-Dropped SKUs Un-fill allows retaining the reserved merchandise that was previously allocated for dropped SKUs.
- Clear and rebuild sales-history in a single step for one month at a time. This is especially useful when it is required to update sales-history for the last year or two. The Speedy Sales History Purge and Update can be stacked in the scheduler and left alone to process without operator intervention.
- Reconcile a finance provider's A/R account electronically, from data contained within Microsoft Excel or text formatted files. This program determines the correct customer and invoice using the imbedded account-numbers to ensure the proper A/R invoices are offset.
- Reconcile A/P bank accounts quickly, using data transmitted daily from the bank in industry standard BAI formatted records and other formats. Because the cleared date for each transaction is the actual date that the bank has processed the check/deposit, the information provided through the bank-account transaction lookup screen is accurate and up-to-date.
- Automatically transfer A/R balance differences between non-zero balance invoices for every customer with a zero balance. This handles invoices with one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many relationships, so that every invoice for these customers will become zero balanced.
- Dramatically improve run-time performance with alternatives to the standard inventory average cost update and inventory snapshot report. These balance exactly to the standard programs, and the inventory snapshot report additionally offers eleven optional summary reports that can be run simultaneously with the detail report.
- Improve run-time performance with an alternative to the open accounts receivable report which optionally ages invoices by either the oldest date (of the first deposit) or the finalized date of the sale.
- Electronically compare print file outputs of written and delivered business from six standard sales reporting programs. In just a few minutes, the grand totals (and individual salesperson totals) of these monthly reports are compared and validated against thresholds established at runtime. Differences are listed allowing management a chance to purge and reprocess the sales-history updates before report distribution and finalization of the month's statistics.
- Automatically fill service order parts and list the orders that have been completely filled and are ready for service. Additionally list all orders with no stock and no open purchase orders to assist customer service in identifying problems.
- An alternative to the standard vendor performance report uses its own data repository tables to report information from all vendors in just a few minutes, or a single vendor in a matter of seconds. In addition to sales and inventory information, the report also lists purchase order statistics, which can be extremely helpful in negotiations with your vendors.
- Interfaces into Demand Solutions' Forecast Management and Requirements Planning software with custom programs to generate FLAT data files containing unallocated open sales, monthly sales history, active SKUs (with showroom inventory and unallocated on-hand warehouse inventory), and open purchase orders.
- Interfaces from Demand Solutions software with a GUI screen and TRIGGER to automatically create POs and ISTs. The screen allows buyers to accept or modify the recommended order quantities and fill a truck or container based on total cubic volume.
- Extracted sales and commission data for access through a portal or kiosk with drill-down capability. Because the data extraction occurs during after hours processing, comparisons such as this-year-to-date verses last-year-to-date are available instantaneously at the portal or kiosk.
- Reported orders that are not ready for pickup/delivery because they either have unreserved inventory items or are not paid-in-full and have not been approved for financing. A related TRIGGER prevents assigning an order to a "valid" delivery date.
- A custom salesperson analysis report that uses live sales and commission data (rather than sales-history) to list written information for a specific vendor and delivered information for all other vendors side-by-side in a format that closely resembles the standard report.
- Consolidate, remap, or/or purge numerous miscellaneous inactive codes within the database, such as: cause/results, majors/minors, trucks, zip-to-zones, etc.
- Interface into the Touch Star calling system, for automated confirmation of scheduled appointment times for merchandise deliveries and service calls, with Custom VIEWS.
- A report listing unreserved sales with purchase order arrival date changes (or those having insufficient stock and no outstanding open purchase orders).
- A custom report to audit sales orders for discount, delivery-charge, finance, and warranty discrepancies.
- Speedup of financial statements using a custom financial-worksheet table which can be instantly accessed by existing spreadsheets after it is updated from accounting data. The update portion takes only a couple of minutes with a new custom program created for this process.
- Modified data from many tables in preparation for the consolidation of databases residing on two separate servers into a single database. This included remapping store-codes, document-numbers, vendors, invoice-numbers, customers, SKUs, etc. to resolve duplicates and preserve data integrity.
- Analyzed and re-indexed the retail and replacement-cost calendar tables to fix a drastic slowdown when attempting to commit in the SKU maintenance screen after the above database consolidation.
- Data conversion of Wayside Furniture's acquisition from a proprietary system into GERS: Accounting (A/P and G/L) was performed about a year before Inventory (including RF tables), Merchandising, Sales & A/R.
- Various Executive Information System (EIS) intranet screens/reports with the ability to handle multi-level drill-downs (using shared procedures), Inventory roll-forward reports for month-end to replace several standard inventory reports, and many complex reports designed by an independent consultant for sales and merchandising.
- Electronic bank account (check) reconciliation using a monthly FLAT file from La Salle Bank in Chicago.
- Reduced the weekly A/P check payment established by the cash-disbursements program based on an entered Maximum Payment Amount. This maximum amount is compared to the grand-total amount giving a percentage which is applied against the payments originally determined for each qualifying vendor/invoice. De-selected invoices are then automatically postponed until next week's disbursement.
- Accept data from users' spreadsheets into custom ODBC database tables which are then used to update the promotion, retail, and replacement calendars (and SKU table) by Vendor / Minor / Family with specifically created custom programs.
- Created TRIGGERs to: move the spiff amount from a bedding package SKU to the first line item as the package is exploded during a sale's entry; maintain a history of changes to drop-codes & sort-codes in SKU maintenance allowing custom written-business reports to correctly reflect dropped-inventory sales (note that specific sort-codes are used to drop a SKU divisionally, without actually dropping it for the chain); fix a problem that sometimes occurs when purchase-order links are not deleted as an even-exchange is voided; disallow entering a SKU's price at less than the vendor's Minimum Retail Price (established for each SKU); etc.
- Created programs to output FLAT ASCII data files for: a New York State Sales Tax audit; an independent A/P audit; NuEdge (originally Archer) marketing analysis; various mailing houses; etc.
- Created programs to consolidate/remap company-codes, vendors, G/L accounts, pricing-store groups, sort-codes, zone-codes, employees, warehouse-locations, method-of-payments, drop-codes, etc.
- Created a Customer Delivery Scheduling report to access data from BHFC's cross-docking facility in North Carolina. When the merchandise is scanned and loaded onto a truck there, BHFC can begin calling customers to arrange a delivery several days before it arrives at their warehouses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This allows local warehouses to cross-dock merchandise directly for customer deliveries.